- Outer shell of the ball
- DR-8 Hybrid
- Surface texture on the ball (sanded, polished, etc)
- 500/1000 Abralon® Polished w/Factory Finish Polish
- Lane Condition
- Length and/or amount of oil on the lane
- Medium to Oily
- Color of the ball
- Orange / Gold Pearl / Blue
- Available weights
- 12-16 lbs. LBS
- Weight block inside the ball
- I-Core (Dual Density)
- Core Type
- Basic shape type of the core (Symmetric, Asymmetrical, Pancake)
- Radius of Gyration: measurement related to weight distribution of the core. This affects how quickly a ball will get in to a roll. A ball with a higher RG will roll later. A ball with lower RG will roll sooner.
- 16 LB. - 2.50
- 15 LB. - 2.49
- 14 LB. - 2.52
- 13 LB. - 2.53
- 12 LB. - 2.60
- Difference between the RG of the core's x-axis and y-axis. Indicates track flare potential and stability. A higher differential means more flare potential and less stabilty. A low differential ball will be more stable and have less flare potential.
- 16 LB. - .047
- 15 LB. - .053
- 14 LB. - .052
- 13 LB. - .055
- 12 LB. - .039
- Intermediate Differential
- Difference between the RG of the core's x-axis and Z-axis on an asymmetrical core. Indicates the asymmetry of the core. A higher intermediate differential ball will be less stable and will transition more quickly from skid to roll than a ball with lower intermediate differential.
- Paul Ealy300/740
- ALAN HIGUEROS300
- Paul Ealy300/737
- Scott Cutler300 / 784
- Charles Slater300 279 267 846
- Scott J. Corrow248/234/245=727
- Scott J. Corrow205/274/247=726
- Scott Cutler300 / 793
- Jacob Johnson Jr289, 289, 265; 843
- D'Andre Hayes Sr277/753
- MANUFACTURER'S INTENT
High rev players require balls that provide excellent length and great continuation. The Hx16 is a unique blend of a strong cover and an overall weaker coverstock that provides the best length yet in the high performance category.
The i-Core is one of the most unique core designs Track has ever produced. With this one core design, we can produce anything from a high intermediate differential to a perfectly symmetrical ball as was demonstrated with the recently released Tour SiC. The densities have not changed since the previous high performance release containing this core; it provides strong numbers to give the high rev player an extremely aggressive core for a unique reaction.
The Hx16 features the new DR-8 Hybrid cover which is stronger than the previous Delayed Response cover designed for the Hx series. The combination of pearl and solid provides the perfect length and recovery for high revolution bowlers.
The Hx16 uses 500/1000 Abralon® with Factory Finish Polish. This finish will provide great length through the front of the lane and allows the strong core and delayed response cover to perform excellently on medium to heavier lane conditions.
The Hx16 is a unique ball for high rev players, typically bowlers that fall into this category would look to less dynamic cores to match up to their games, this perfect combination of weaker coverstock along with a dynamic core design offers great length and great backend for higher rev players with the most dynamic core available to this style.