- Weight block inside the ball
- Abralon® 500, 1,000, 2,000
- Radius of Gyration: measurement related to weight distribution of the core. This affects how quickly a ball will get in to a roll. A ball with a higher RG will roll later. A ball with lower RG will roll sooner.
- 14 LB. - 2.54
- 15 LB. - 2.51
- 16 LB. - 2.52
- Difference between the RG of the core's x-axis and y-axis. Indicates track flare potential and stability. A higher differential means more flare potential and less stabilty. A low differential ball will be more stable and have less flare potential.
- 14 LB. - .045
- 15 LB. - .057
- 16 LB. - .051
- Intermediate Differential
- Difference between the RG of the core's x-axis and Z-axis on an asymmetrical core. Indicates the asymmetry of the core. A higher intermediate differential ball will be less stable and will transition more quickly from skid to roll than a ball with lower intermediate differential.
- Robert Staniak Sr.300/ 798 series
- Cory Rafferty237,266,220,279 1002
Rocket Science and Bowling Ball Science - To Us There’s No Difference.
At Track all of our improvements start at one place - Research and Development. Our R&D rock star, Ron Hickland is used to use raising the bar high. And going over it. Ron’s new ideas for core shapes are totally revolutionary - and successful. And when we have a successful core shape like the Modified Robot we used in the 716C, we stick with it for awhile.
“We love the core shape in the 716C, because of its high differential,” Hickland said. “And we knew exactly which cover we wanted to marry it with to get a great Track-tion reaction.”
Cover That Ball With Something That Makes A Difference.
A great core like the Robot needs a great cover. R&D’s research showed them that the best option was to start fresh with a completely new cover - the GEN XT.
“The 716T’s new GEN XT, which stands for Xtra Traction, is an HP coverstock that is one of the strongest midlane continuous coverstocks we make,” added Hickland. “Because of the high differential of the Robot Core, this coverstock/core combination makes this ball one of the biggest hooking balls on the market.”
A Surface That Enhances Everything Else Inside.
For the perfect finish, we took three different grits of Abralon® pads, 500, 1,000 and 2,000, the same finish used on the 715T. The Abralon gives grit to the surface to increase aggression on the lane.
“The great thing about the new GEN XT cover is that it takes surface adjustments easily,” stated Rich Hanson, Track Brand Manager. “For those needing more or less traction in the front part of the lane, being able to easily adjust the cover makes the 716T the right ball.”