- Weight block inside the ball
- Core Type
- Basic shape type of the core (Symmetric, Asymmetrical, Pancake)
- Radius of Gyration: measurement related to weight distribution of the core. This affects how quickly a ball will get in to a roll. A ball with a higher RG will roll later. A ball with lower RG will roll sooner.
- 14 LB. - 2.53
- 15 LB. - 2.51
- 16 LB. - 2.53
- Difference between the RG of the core's x-axis and y-axis. Indicates track flare potential and stability. A higher differential means more flare potential and less stabilty. A low differential ball will be more stable and have less flare potential.
- 14 LB. - .047
- 15 LB. - .049
- 16 LB. - .041
- Intermediate Differential
- Difference between the RG of the core's x-axis and Z-axis on an asymmetrical core. Indicates the asymmetry of the core. A higher intermediate differential ball will be less stable and will transition more quickly from skid to roll than a ball with lower intermediate differential.
- Lance Dreiling300
- Herb Walsh300
- Shawn Winter269-276-300=845
- Amber Thompson267/267/288-822
- Jarrett Grant300/833
- Jarrett Grant278-278-248=804
- Manufacturer's Intent
Track’s intent with the all new 508A is to bring you a new and improved version of the original 505A.
What makes the 508A an improved version of the 505A? First we started with the ever popular Legion Core that we used in the best-selling Track ball in recent years, the 607A. Next we worked on creating a cover that would be just as angular as the cover used on the 505A. After testing several different covers, we said to ourselves, “if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it.” By combining the MP GEN 4 Reactive Pearl veneer and the Legion Core, we have provided Track fans with a ball motion that is stronger than the 505A while maintaining the same overall look on the lanes.
The 508A, with the help of the new MP GEN 4 reactive Pearl Coverstock, is designed to be stronger off the spot that its predecessor.
The 508A also brings a different surface than the 505A as now we use three different grits of Abralon® pads, 800 Abranet®, 1000, and 2000 Abralon®, followed by Powerhouse™ Factory Finish Polish.